SSIS Training - any strongly recommended?

• I have done some SSIS work and study, but would be interested in some more in-depth training or study materials. I expect to be doing much with SSIS as we move from our current environment toward SQL Server databases gradually during the next few years. During that interim, there will be need for lots of crossover tasks and data synchronization between our diminishing existing system and developing SQL Server system.

I would appreciate recommendations of any SSIS training that you've taken, that you'd highly recommend, for its depth/coverage - something more than just a basic primer on SSIS.

Thanks,

Randy

• Learn the hottest technology of the year online at your home, after work from the experts.

Visit http://expertMSBItraining.com to learn more.

Guaranteed training which can materialize to Microsoft Certification and $100k job as Business Intelligence Consultant.

• I have used AppDev videos to learn SSIS.

You can either buy them or search for the video links in rapidshare.

I found the SSIS 2005 videos from AppDev better than the SSIS 2008 ones.

------------------
    Why not ?

• It sounds like you're looking for books, videos or online content. If so disregard the rest of this message.

In the event that you're looking for training by a person, I can't begin to say how highly I'd recommend...

http://www.advancedcustomtraining.com/

He does custom training at your place of business. If you're looking to get certified, he teaches those kind of classes too. If you can't bring him to your place of business, you can go to his classroom in Sarasota.

When I signed up for the first bootcamp I had with him (I've been through 2 so far and am planning a 3rd within the next year) I thought it was going to be a dry 2 weeks. Instead I was into everything he taught. He knows his stuff because he lives in it as an active consultant and then of course he teaches it too. I won't mention company names but he's had a few big companies hire him to teach their developers about working with SQL server on projects they were working on. He has very good teaching and people skills unlike other technical instructors I've had on my way to get my degree. He's good at teaching beginners to advanced users. One other thing I liked is he has a limit of 12 people per class so that he would have time to give personal attention to those that wanted it. He still helps me from time to time when I have questions through email. The dollar amount you pay is worth every penny.

He would be a great speaker at PASS if someone could ever convince him to do that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply