SSIS to local SSMS local db connection problem

• I am a Lead Business Intelligence Developer and have recently downloaded a 180 trial of the full MSSQL 2008 suite. Everything installed correctly and I also installed some of my own databases like AdventureWorks. I have no issues when I'm using Management Studio but I am having problems when I try to run my SSIS packages. I can successfully set up a OLE DB conneciton in SSIS and I can successfully test the connection from within the Connection Manager as well. However, every time I attempt to run the package I invariably get this error;

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Failed to acquire connection "HANS-PC.Hansdb". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.

[Connection manager "HANS-PC.Hansdb"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.".

This is very odd because I've set up my local instance to allow remote connections. I also don't know where I can go to get support or help resolve this? Could you possibly refer me to a location where I could get some help? I've Googled this error and tried to troubleshoot it for a couple weeks without any luck. I'm running a Windows Vista 64 bit system so I'm wondering if it has something to do with that. From I've heard when all else fails it's probably a problem with Vista.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

• This error is a generic MDAC error but Vista comes without MDAC because it comes with new data access so you may need current Vista SP. In .NET code it is easy manually reference MDAC in code, if your OLE DB is connecting to Access or Excel you need to use WOW64 in x64 Vista.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328306

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply