SSIS - send mail task

• if you are using dbmail get your dba to give you DatabaseMailUserRole permisisons

use a sql execute task with a command like this:

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail @profile_name="profile_name_here",

@recipients='your_name@your_company.com',

@subject='Test message',

@body=' dont panic yet'

it should work to send messages if virus program does not block your port

you can test the command in management studio first as a query.

looks like through ssis the user has to have exchange email permissions, the database does so with a executable task you should be able to send email

when you move to a job with database permissions you should be able to use

send email task.

just an FYI: look for alternative solutions

• Hi thanks

done in the configuration settings

but i will get error

[Send Mail Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: Refused. You have no reverse DNS entry.".

am using Sql server 2008 integration services

How to solve it

• Hi,

Even I am trying to use send send mail task but it is giving error msg. I configured database mail, it is working fine. By using send mail task it is not working.

Below is the error message.

IS package "SendMail.dtsx" starting.

Error: 0xC002F304 at Send Mail Task, Send Mail Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at".

Task failed: Send Mail Task

Warning: 0x80019002 at SendMail: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

SSIS package "SendMail.dtsx" finished: Failure.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply