SSIS Script Task Row-by-row Variable Assignment

• 2 Columns with 10-20 records are going into the Script Component (Configured as Destination) in data flow. First variable "Category" is String and the second "Delta" is a Boolean (SQL Bit). Category is Unique.

In the script I want to assign values to variables based on the Delta Column value i.e. True or False. Each Category will have its own variable.

If the Category is "Auto" and Delta is "True" - assign variable bitAuto = Delta.Value

If the Category is "PHONE" and Delta is "True" - assign variable bitPhone = Delta.Value

Here the no. of keys are known in advance so the no. of variables can be declared in advance. So here's what I did:

Imports System

Imports System.Data

Imports System.Math

Imports Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper

Imports Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper

Public Class ScriptMain

Inherits UserComponent

Dim bitContENT As Boolean

Dim bitContAuto As Boolean

Public Overrides Sub INEntertainment_ProcessInputRow(ByVal Row As INEntertainmentBuffer)

If Row.Category = "ENTERTAINMENT" Then

bitContENT = Row.Delta

End If

If Row.Category = "AUTO" Then

bitContAuto = Row.Delta

End If

End Sub

Public Overrides Sub PostExecute()

MsgBox(bitContAuto.ToString, MsgBoxStyle.Information, "AUTO")

MsgBox(bitContENT.ToString, MsgBoxStyle.Information, "ENT")

End Sub

End Class

But lets say the no. of keys or variables are not known in advance and we want to assign values for each row. The processInput row is getting all rows in a buffer, but the postexecute task only gets the last row, so the following code in PostExecute doesnt work:

'If strCategory = "ENTERTAINMENT" Then

' Me.Variables.ContinueEntETL = bitContinue

'End If

'If strCategory = "AUTO" Then

' Me.Variables.ContinueAutoETL = bitContinue

'End If

How can I traverse through the records one by one in PostExecute to assign values to a variable.

Thanks.

• do you get the answer becouse i have the same proplem

• Hi SolidSnake10_7

No one replied as you can see and to b honest I cant even remember what I was doing in Jan 2009. But It seems that I was trying to assign a value to a column in each row.

If script doesn't allow that then please use Derived Column Transformation Instead.

Or explain to me exactly what you are trying and I might be able to help.

Thanks

G

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply