SSIS Script as transform not producing output

• Greetings SQL experts,

I have been fighting a SSIS issue for a few days and I am hoping there is someone out there that can shed some light on this. I have an SSIS with several data flows I need to do some complex data evaluations so I have used a script as transform in two of the DFT's. If I run these separately everything works great and there are no problems what so ever. If I run them together I notices I was getting an error on the second one. I discovered that this seems to be some kind of namespace problem since both Scripts were using Input_0 buffer. So I changed the name of the second one and retested. Well I no longer get the error and in fact it seems to run through the entire SSIS just fine. However when I look closer I notice that the second Script task just does not seem to do anything at all. The script task does a lot of evaluation of the incoming data and then does some calculations depending on the value in the service code. however when it runs through this in the second script task all of the define output rows are just empty. I have gone through and made sure that all input and output buffers are unique names thinking this was a similar problem but no luck. I even changes all column and variable names to unique with no luck. Again If I run them separately everything work fine it is only when I run the entire package that this problem occurs.

If anyone out there as any thoughts I would love to hear them as I am out of ideas. I could easily make them separate SSIS's I just hate doing that without knowing what caused the problem. I have been searching Google but can't seem to find any similar issues.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• If anyone has any thoughts at all on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• I just split these up into two SSIS's since I cant spend anymore time on it but I would still like to know if anyone has an answer. Is this a limitation in SSIS that you can only use one Script as transform?

Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply