SSIS renames package object name property on execution

• SQL 2008 SP1 fully patched

VS 2008 Team System DB SP1 fully patched

When I execute one of my SSIS packages, ironically the template package, the name property of the package reverts back to "Package" which was its original name. If I create a package from scratch when I rename the package name property sticks. Apparently something got screwed up in the XML and I was wondering if anyone had encountered this issue before and could give me a clue what to look for.

Thanks,

Ben

• Yes, I have. When you renamed the file it asked you a question. Do you want to rename the object to match the name. I bet you said no.. To fix it. Rename the package again, tell it yes, and then re-rename it to the original name, and be sure to tell it YES. That should resolve it.

CEWII

• I tried renaming the package back but when I change it back to anything other than "Package" it won't stick. I do believe I fat fingered the dialog box and said no to renaming the object as well but I immediately went back and corrected my mistake. I do think that is where the problem is stemming from.

• Because you mentioned it was a "template", you didn't happen to set it as read-only in the file system? I ask because I've done that..

CEWII

• I just looked and its not marked read only. Its actually coming from a TFS server and the file is checked out. I have tried renaming it a combination of times to get the wizard to undo whatever it has done, but to no avail. I poked around in the XML too but I can't find anything that is stuck.

• The action of importing the package into a different VS solution renames the object in the process along with a copy and paste within the same project.

So Package_Template.dtsx with the name property set to Package_Template

becomes

Package_Template1.dtsx with the name property set to Package

It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't created 6 packages off this template already. :pinch:

• Well I figured out what was wrong. I feel pretty lame.

I was using Package Configurations and while I thought I only stored a connection string in the configuration file it was storing quite a bit more. One of the exta values in the file was the name property, hence it was being assigned at runtime. I guess that makes two things I fat fingered. Thanks Elliott W for your help.

• I agree it bites.

CEWII

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply