SSIS puzzler

• I'm getting the following message. I have dropped and re-created the OleDB source and destination providers and made sure everything is mapped properly including the field referenced. Is it just me or does the message seem a little contradictory?

Load Jobs tables:Warning: The external columns for Source Load Jobs tablesSource 3 - tblMasterJob [681] 3 - tblMasterJob are out of synchronization with the data source columns. The column "ysnScheduleInParallel" needs to be added to the external columns. The Source 3 - tblMasterJob.Outputs[OLE DB Source Output].ExternalColumns[ysnScheduleInParrallel] needs to be removed from the external columns.

"Beliefs" get in the way of learning.

• Robert Frasca - Friday, May 19, 2017 6:30 AM

I'm getting the following message. I have dropped and re-created the OleDB source and destination providers and made sure everything is mapped properly including the field referenced. Is it just me or does the message seem a little contradictory?

Load Jobs tables:Warning: The external columns for Source Load Jobs tablesSource 3 - tblMasterJob [681] 3 - tblMasterJob are out of synchronization with the data source columns. The column "ysnScheduleInParallel" needs to be added to the external columns. The Source 3 - tblMasterJob.Outputs[OLE DB Source Output].ExternalColumns[ysnScheduleInParrallel] needs to be removed from the external columns.

Yeah, that's not the best message. First question: does ysnScheduleInParallel exist in the source?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yes, couldn't have mapped it otherwise. I have made a copy of the database I coded against and placed it on the server the job is running against. The connection string is accurate. I made the copy because it had a lot of varbinary data and it's painfully slow over the network. The job works against the copy over the network but not against the local copy.

"Beliefs" get in the way of learning.

• 2 thoughts - is the data encrypted?  If so, did you bring across the decryption keys when you restored the database?
    and does the account on the local copy have permissions to that table and table column?

It sounds to me like something got screwed up permission wise.  When you restore a database, I've seen the login and user link get broken.  You may just need to alter the user to use the login.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply