SSIS package to unix

• I created files from SSIS to a share folder in windows.

I want to move to UNIX server - How can I do it

do you have command line script to move the folder files to UNIX?

what do you recommend

• Your Unix server needs Samba/SMB access to get to the Windows file system.

• Personally, what I would recommend is to use the OS that you and your team can support.

If you are responsible for managing the server and you have little to no UNIX knowledge, learning a bit of UNIX would be a good first step rather than hoping a free forum can help.

My opinion, if you don't NEED to switch to UNIX, stick with Windows.  Administering a UNIX box is a lot different than administering a Windows box and depending on how critical that content is, you will want to be careful about administering it.

Now, as an alternate to Steve Jones's suggestion of Sambe/SMB, depending on how the server is set up, you may be able to use FTP to move the files over or even a tool like WinSCP.  If you are not the admin on the machine, I would talk to the UNIX admins to determine what method they prefer and what they have set up.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply