SSIS package to convert Access 2000 database to Access 2013 database

• I need to convert an access 2000 database to access 2013 and then load the data into a sql server 2012 database. Thus can you tell me and/or point me to urls (links) that will show me how to accomplish the following in an SSIS package:

1. Convert an access 2000 database to access 2013 database?

2. Load the converted Access 2013 database into sql server 2012?

• Have you tried opening the 2000 d/b with Access 2013? It might just convert the old format automatically although I'm not sure if the later version will go that far back. But it always used to be characteristic of new versions of Access.

If that doesn't work, try converting the 2000 d/b forward in steps, using intermediate versions of Access. I believe I upgraded a 2000-level d/b using Access 2010. Access 2007 was where the d/b file actually changed format.

If you don't have the intermediate version available, you can script out the entire database using Database Tools --> Database Documenter in Access. It will create a potentially large text document that Access 2013 can run to then create the new version and populate your data.

Also, check your version for options of Export. It may be able to get your data into a more portable format like .XLS, .CSV, etc. Access 2013 will have no trouble importing those assuming the data is clean and the tables are reasonably normalized.

Another way if there aren't a lot of tables is to cut and paste them into Excel spreadsheets, one table to a sheet. Slow and clunky, but possible.

Hope these help. You can find detailed information all over the web if you look for it.

Sigerson

"No pressure, no diamonds." - Thomas Carlyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply