SSIS package runs successfully but no data in table

• Forum,

This is a very peculiar problem, my source is TXT file and loading data to SQL server table. The previewer shows data and preview shows data. It shows that data is passed to destination but not written in the tables . Has any one gone thru this situation what was the fix ?

I have tried to convert the data type too but no luck. Screenshot attached

i have worked with SSIS for a few years but this is a shocker . thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • There is a yellow bang on your OLE DB destination, maybe resolve that first.  I get those if I change the number of columns in the pipeline or the number of columns in the destination table.  Try opening your destination and checking for mapping errors.  If no pipeline columns are mapped to destination columns, you might see a row count without any inserts to the destination.

Also right click the constraint flowing into the OLE DB destination and check for mapping errors there.

• @palandri does that cause an issue its the truncation error we can ignore.

I can go to advanced and get rid of truncation errors .. but still not loading

• My preference is to eliminate truncation warnings, etc., it just seems cleaner.  YMMV.

When you query the destination table after execution, any chance you are looking at a different database than is being updated by the package?  I have done that more than once.

If you open a viewer on the constraint the feeds your destination, do you see the columns and values you expect to see?

If not, try working backward from the destination, opening a viewer after each component until you find the one that's not passing along your expected values.

If so, maybe try adding a multicast just before the destination and sending one branch to a recordset object, see your expected output goes there.  You might want to try that with a smaller input file.

• It does seem odd that there';s no rows; I hate to ask but you are looking at the correct table, database and instance right? The Data Flow arrow shows over 700,000 rows and the destination shows success, meaning all those rows were processed successfully. Perhaps you have a truncate operation later on?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi - having a similar issue and wondered if there was ever a solution to this issue?

Regards,

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply