SSIS package is not running through SQL Agent job

• We have one SSIS package which is running while executing through visual studio. But,when we are running through SQL Agent or Integration Service Catalog. This job has appropriate permission (SQL Agent account and proxy account). Not sure what i am missing?

Can anyone please help?

• EasyBoy - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:30 AM

We have one SSIS package which is running while executing through visual studio. But,when we are running through SQL Agent or Integration Service Catalog. This job has appropriate permission (SQL Agent account and proxy account). Not sure what i am missing?

Can anyone please help?

Regardless of what you think, these sorts of problems are caused by permissions problems 98% of the time.

Please post the text of the errors you are getting.

If possible, try running the SQL Agent service using your own credentials (the ones that work in VS) and see whether the job completes then. That would prove it's a permissions issue.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:35 AM

EasyBoy - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:30 AM

We have one SSIS package which is running while executing through visual studio. But,when we are running through SQL Agent or Integration Service Catalog. This job has appropriate permission (SQL Agent account and proxy account). Not sure what i am missing?

Can anyone please help?

Regardless of what you think, these sorts of problems are caused by permissions problems 98% of the time.

If possible, try running the SQL Agent service using your own credentials (the ones that work in VS) and see whether the job completes then. That would prove it's a permissions issue.

I can't change the SQL Agent account as there are lots of other jobs which are depend on SQL Agent account. I am not receiving any error. The job completed successfully but result is not appearing. If  i run through SSIS Db, it suppose to be run, right?

• EasyBoy - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:40 AM

Phil Parkin - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:35 AM

EasyBoy - Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Can anyone please help?

I can't change the SQL Agent account as there are lots of other jobs which are depend on SQL Agent account. I am not receiving any error. The job completed successfully but result is not appearing. If  i run through SSIS Db, it suppose to be run, right?

If the package is deployed to SSISDB, have you tried opening the All Executions report for the package & looking for clues there?

What does the package do (or try to do)?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply