ssis package invoked from asp.net application(II6), two applications invoking same package gives error

• Hello

I am new to SSIS. My package gets invoked from asp.net 2.0 page in an application.

Application is hosted in iis 6.0 & works fine. The package executes properly.

We hosted another application(similar application application2), this application was using same package.We made copy of the dtsx package ,kept in separate directory. The second application was using this copy for loading package (Application.LoadPackage).

But the second package always failed, it was not able to write data into package variables.

Package variables were read from config.

When we changed the Application pool for second package both application started working properly.

What can be possible reason? Was package variables getting shared ?

How/where package gets loaded? How does SSIS service load package into memory? Does the package variables kept in memory with global access?

Regards

Arati

• Arati,

I don't have the answer to your question but I would question whether it's a wise idea to fire an SSIS package from within an ASP.Net page.

If what that package does is not too complicated, I would consider re-writing it in C# or TSQL (depending on what it does)

Eric

• Arati,

If it started working after changing the AppPool i would definitely be thinking 'security', or more precisely, the account that was running AppPool2 didn't have the same permissions as the one running AppPool1.

Steve.

• hi arati,

i agree with steve. it must the realted to secirity issues. some grats or permission some thing like that.any way u note the exact error that poped up.so that some time i can figure it out.

thx

sreejith

MCAD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply