SSIS Package fails with Class not Registered

• I have read lots of posts on this subject but none seem quite the same as the issue I am running into. So here goes.....I have SSIS packages installed on SQL2005 that run consistently and then all of a sudden I get the "Class not Registered" error for the OLE DB provider. The SSIS Packages are running as part of a job and several have been running for about a year and a half. There are other packages that use the same provider and run fine. Most times I simply reimport the packages and they run fine but since these jobs are part of a system that creates month/quarter end reporting as well as daily data feeds it is becoming problematic.

If anyone has any ideas about why these start failing when nothing has changed in the environment I would appreciate any assistance.

Judie

• you state that nothing was changed in the environment. Have there been any OS patches applied, ANYTHING, even if it doesn't appear to relate to SQL, because my experience shows that it is EXCEPTIONALLY rare that something just stops working without some change.. And I know this is a stupid suggestion, but I have seen a reboot fix many problems..

CEWII

• I spoke to our admins and they had not done anything. We found there was service pack 3 that included fixes for the areas that we felt could have had something to do with the issue and after we applied the service pack and rebooted (we had tried a straight reboot before) it started working. So the best I can guess is something got corrupted and the patch fixed it. So now it is working but I am still not certain what caused the issue.

Judie

• Hmm, I wonder if the data was in some way triggering a bug.

I wish I had a really good answer, but I don', sorry.

CEWII

• Thanks for trying.....I am hoping it was "one of those MS anomalies" and it never happens again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply