SSIS package fails giving "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException"

• Hi,

I have one SSIS package which is written in Visual studio business intelligence tool. For that SSIS packages i have scheduled a job from SQL server management studio 2005. I mean i have scheduled a job in SQL server agent.

But it is failing giving some com.interop exception. Not sure what type of error is this?

It give following type error:

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 11:00:00 PM Error: 2008-03-27 23:00:00.81 Code: 0x00000000 Source: Execute DTS 2000 Package Task Description: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user. at DTS.PackageClass.Execute() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.Exec80PackageTask.Exec80PackageTask.ExecuteThread() End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 11:00:00 PM Finished: 11:00:00 PM Elapsed: 0.579 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

I get the same error when i try to execute the package from Visual studio Business Intelligence tool.

Can you please help me out as to what is this "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException" exception occuring when scheduling or executing the job.

• This would typically be caused by using a connection manager for managed code with an OLEDB component (or the other way around).

It is hard to do in most cases because the IDE prevents it, but if you used any script components, they are likely the cause. Make sure you use .Net data sources in script components - you cannot use native OLEDB connections because they are com components.

• I am not using any native OLEDB connection or provider.

This is problem is with only one SSIS packages which is executing DTS 2000 pacakge.

There are other SSIS packages which are also using DTS 2000 packages and they are executing successfully.

So why it is giving error for only this SSIS package. And that too a Com type of exception.

NOt sure what to do as this is a production server issue.

Please help

Thanks,

• I am getting this same error on a very simple SSIS package. If you run the package manually, it works fine, but as soon as you schedule it as a job and run it, I get the following:

Date,Source,Severity,Step ID,Server,Job Name,Step Name,Notifications,Message,Duration,Sql Severity,Sql Message ID,Operator Emailed,Operator Net sent,Operator Paged,Retries Attempted

09/09/2008 16:40:00,Employee Import,Error,0, . The last step to run was step 1 (Import Employees).,00:00:02,0,0,,,,0

09/09/2008 16:40:00,Employee Import,Error,1, tempEmployees Description: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user. at DTS.PackageClass.Execute() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.Exec80PackageTask.Exec80PackageTask.ExecuteThread() End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 4:40:00 PM Finished: 4:40:02 PM Elapsed: 1.344 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.,00:00:02,0,0,,,,0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Are you by any chance using local/localhost as your server

I had a similar problem on a development server while migrating a SQL 2000 database to SQL 2005.

The original DTS was developed on a SQL 2000 machine and used a SQL login for a connection.

The server was changed to localhost with Windows Auth but failed with your error message.

It was changed again to local and it worked.

In short for SQL 2000 dts use local

for SQL 2005 use localhost

• matthew.pullen

You are me Hero !!! 2hours of searching and now it works !!! Thanx!!!

Switch vom "(local)" to the real Servername in DTS solve the problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply