SSIS Package Failed through Sql Agent Job

• HI ,

I have created an SSIS package for maintenance plan ( rebuild indexes). My job is failing. Below is my Error Message:

Executed as user: . Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.2500.0 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Argument "Local" for option "connection" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed.

I have created the SSIS package on the server and stored in MSDB.

Command Line:/SQL "Maintenance Plans\Rebuild Indexes & Update Statistics On All the DB" /SERVER "EASOHSBMSQLD01\OE" /CONNECTION "Local server connection";"\"server='EASOHSBMSQLD01\oe';Trusted_Connection=true;Application Name='Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio';Pooling=false;Packet Size=4096;multipleactiveresultsets=false;\"" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /SET "\Package\Subplan_2.Disable";false /REPORTING E.

I am new to SSIS . I am not sure where I am getting the Error.

• If you edit the job step, there is a series of tabs. Check the datasources tab for the connection string as it sounds like that is set for development.

You can click the Connection Manager box and edit the connection string.

Since I don't have anything set as localhost I can't say for sure this is the issue, as my connection strings are set from variables and expressions. But if you explicitly set the server name there, that might alleviate the problem.

• Apparently DTEXEC has an issue with "local server connection" for the option \CONNECTION. Try renaming the connection manager and see if that works.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply