SSIS Package documentor

• Divya,

Hi I wanted to thank you. Your script and the time you took to answer questions related to problems that I was having were a life saver.

It is good to know that there are folks like you willing to take time and extent a hand to a complete stranger.

Brilliant piece of code.

Thank you again for all your help.

• I missed the article the first time around but just read it.

The fact that SSIS packages are XML files makes documenting SSIS so much easier provided you have a basic understanding of XML (ditto SSRS and many other MS products). Great work - it's great to see someone demonstrate how to exploit this.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• SSIS Build Number 2796; Ver Major 10, Minor 50.

Having the same issues as

pchelptx (12/4/2015)

- no data in tables and the errors below

---------------Get all connections-----------------------------------

------------------------Get all variable details-------------------------------------

------------------------Get all variable details-------------------------------------

------------------------Get all parameter details-------------------------------------

------------------------Get all parameter details-------------------------------------

----------------Get precedence constraint details------------------------------

Msg 537, Level 16, State 5, Procedure SSIS_GetPackageDetails, Line 614

Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

The statement has been terminated.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'NCIX_TblPrecedenceConstraint' has maximum length of 2000 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'NCIX_TblPrecedenceConstraint1' has maximum length of 1000 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'NCIX_TblPrecedenceConstraint1' has maximum length of 1000 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

----------------Get all Control flow tasks details------------------------------

----------------Get all data flow tasks details------------------------------

---------- Insert Script task details-----------------------

• 7036golf (11/4/2016)

Having the same issues as

pchelptx (12/4/2015)

- no data in tables and the errors below

Msg 537, Level 16, State 5, Procedure SSIS_GetPackageDetails, Line 614

Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

The statement has been terminated.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'NCIX_TblPrecedenceConstraint' has maximum length of 2000 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

----------------Get all Control flow tasks details------------------------------

----------------Get all data flow tasks details------------------------------

---------- Insert Script task details-----------------------

What's your SSIS version?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• SSIS Build Number 2796; Ver Major 10, Minor 50.

• 7036golf (11/4/2016)

SSIS Build Number 2796; Ver Major 10, Minor 50.

Which is 2008, I think. The code was built for 2012, as has been mentioned in earlier comments.

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• right, there are 5 pages of comments, on which one?.... the information like this should be stated in the posted article itself as it is important to know (pre-requisites)

• 7036golf (11/4/2016)

right, there are 5 pages of comments, on which one?.... the information like this should be stated in the posted article itself as it is important to know (pre-requisites)

I fully agree with you. I only know because I have been following the comments since the article was published.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• thank you is there any way to fix code for 2008? if this just a one joint...

• 7036golf (11/4/2016)

thank you is there any way to fix code for 2008? if this just a one joint...

From memory, there was quite a big change in file formats between 2008 and 2012, so I don't think that there will be any quick fixes.

Maybe some of the other 2008 posters have done some development to get this working?

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• it may seem trivial but can you post your Excel pivot report?

• Hi Divya,

Thanks for sharing this great article!!! It really helps me!

While I run your script, there is no result for below columns in TblControlFlowDetails
    SqlTaskQry
    ExecPkgTaskQry
    ScriptTaskQry

Could you please guide me how to get the value?

• Any chance this is going to get updated to read the Project connections file as well as the dtsx file?

Also, did you ever post the sample pivot, or provide instructions on how to create it?

Thanks!

• Great code! I have one questions as it seems the code works only for earlie version for the SSIS. Could you please advise me what has to be modified to be working with 2019 SSIS. Now most of the columns are ""empty and Im struggling what to modify to obtain their data (script tasks, TblDerivedTaskDetails, etc.)

Thank you and for your time!

Best regards

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply