SSIS Package Deployment question

• Hi Folks,

I am delving into SSIS functionality and have had some success at some basic package development. My question is in regard to deploying the package to a SQL Server Integration Services instance.

I went through the steps of building the package deployment file (.SSISDeploymentManifest). When I execute the file and choose "SQL Server" as my destination rather than File System I expect to see the package listed in the "Packages" section after I log into my SSIS server. The package is not listed. However, when I set up a new sql agent job to execute the package, the package is displayed in my list of packages.

A bit more info... I have been successful in importing the dtsx file directly to my packages in SSIS server.

Is my expectation of "seeing the package listed in my SSIS server" unfounded after running through the deployment?

Thanks!

Nick

• If I follow you, you should see them in the Object Explorer of SSMS, when logged into the server's Integration Services instance, under Stored Packages, then MSDB.

bc

[font="Arial Narrow"]bc[/font]

• Right O... that was my expectation. However, I don't see them in the Object Explorer unless I actually import the dtsx file from SSIS.

• perhaps a security issue?

ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/extran9/html/9702e90c-fada-4978-a473-1b1423017d80.htm

bc

[font="Arial Narrow"]bc[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply