SSIS package configuration organizer throwing errors

• Hi,

I'm getting back into SSIS after a long hiatus and I'm struggling with the package configuration organizer with a configuration table. I started by creating the config table similar to the one discussed in this article (http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Integration+Services+%28SSIS%29/66426/). Then created necessary connections in the connection manager, followed by an environmental variable for connecting to the table (server has been rebooted). After creating the configuration connection using the environmental variable in the config wizard, it doesn't allow me to add the other connections. I choose the choose the previously created environmental variable as the connection, but when I try to choose the config table, I get the following error: "No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21)"

Help!!!

and, TIA

• I think that that's an OLEDB error that basically means "I don't know what you're trying to connect me to, but it's sure not OLE DB."

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I figured out that I had set the Provider incorrectly for my ADO connection. Starting over -- just opening the package with the one environmental variable configuration set throws a "The connection string components cannot contain unquoted semicolons." error. It's time to give up and move on.

Thanks anyways!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply