SSIS Package Configuration

• Dear Friends,

I have one ssis package for which there are couple of user variable...for example

XML_FILEPATH = "C:\Files\XMLTransfer"

Now I create configuration file for this package.

I copy this package to another machine with the configuration file created.

I make the changes in configuration files for all user variables and other connection related information.

I make the change for XML_FILEPATH = "C:\ServerName\XMLTransfer"

Now when I execute package on another machine with modified configuration file, it tries to get the information of user variables from local settings meaning is it has the XML_FILEPATH value as "C:\Files\XMLTransfer" instead of "C:\ServerName\XMLTransfer"

so problem is, it is not considering confguration file which is on the server.

I appreciate to look into this issue

Shah

• How are you trying to execute the package? If you are doing this from the command line are you specifying the switch for the config file reference and specifying the file location? You might want to open the package and remove the configuration file reference and simply reference the file when you actually execute the package.

Here are a couple of references just in case:

dtexec Utility

Package Configurations

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com

• Thanks SSC,

I have removed configuration file name of local machine from .

I am running the package Execute Package Utility on server (other machine) and I add configuration file to Configurations and then executing the package.

It always takes the settings of my local machine instead of server(defined in config file)

Thanks for your precious response

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply