SSIS OleDB Destination Sql Command From Variable

• Hi all,

I need to put a dynamic query to OleDB destination SQL command (Data access mode)

But I don't find any option for that.

Lets say I have my query in the variable [user::variable1].

How can I assign this to SQL Command in OleDB destination, as I can only see hardcoding the sql query there ?

• er.mayankshukla (2/24/2015)

Hi all,

I need to put a dynamic query to OleDB destination SQL command (Data access mode)

But I don't find any option for that.

Lets say I have my query in the variable [user::variable1].

How can I assign this to SQL Command in OleDB destination, as I can only see hardcoding the sql query there ?

Can't be done, as far as I know. This is set at design time.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Did you mean OLEDB Command, by the way?

OLEDB Destination does not have a SQLCommand.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (2/24/2015)

Did you mean OLEDB Command, by the way?

OLEDB Destination does not have a SQLCommand.

Well, it does have one, but I don't think it's actually used. (or actually useful)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Silly me. I did not edit the source XML to check 🙂

To save others the bother, here is what it looks like (SSDT 2013):

<property

dataType="System.String"

description="The SQL command to be executed."

name="SqlCommand"

UITypeEditor="Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.ModalMultilineStringEditor"></property>

• hmm,

Looks like I have to use hardcodes table names in sql command in OleDB Destination

hmm,

Looks like I have to use hardcodes table names in sql command in OleDB Destination

I'm curious, how exactly do you use a SQL statement in the OLE DB Destination?

hmm,

The table name in the OLEDB Destination component is a property.

I can't see what SQLCommand has to do with anything: please explain.

• I was planning to use the temp table as Destination.

But to preserve the metadata while mapping I was thinking of using this expression in SqlCommand Data access mode of OleDB Destination

"IF OBJECT_ID('tempdb..#cache_tbl') IS NULL

begin

select * from 'cache.tbl'

end

else

begin

select * form #cache_tbl'

end

"

• That's probably not going to work.

Your temp table has to exist when you are designing the package.

• er.mayankshukla - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:19 AM

Hi all,I need to put a dynamic query to OleDB destination SQL command (Data access mode)But I don't find any option for that.Lets say I have my query in the variable [user::variable1].How can I assign this to SQL Command in OleDB destination, as I can only see hardcoding the sql query there ?

Check this 
    SSIS Dynamic SQL Command

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply