SSIS ODBC 32 bit to 64 bit Runtime Problem

• Hi.

I have mutiple packages that have been running fine using 32 bit ODBC drivers. We have just upgraded the source server including moving to 64 bit ODBC.

On our SSIS server I have installed the client drivers and set up DSN's in both the 32 bit and 64 bit environments. When I run the packages in the IDE all is fine. I can only run them in 32 bit mode in the IDE.

When I publish the project and run them through an Agent Job in 64 bit mode they fail. The error reported is "ODBC Source" failed and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".

The DSN's in both environments are named exactly the same. As the IDE only allows 32 bit how am I supposed to refresh the Meta Data?

Any help appreciated.

Tim.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I am using a 64 bit environment with debugging set to 64 bit. However many of the IDE tools will only work in 32 bit mode at runtime in the IDE regardless of environment. Once you deploy the project they then run in 64 bit mode.

I solved the problem. Because we had installed new client drivers on the SSIS server that were compatible with the new ODBC server installation, I decided to delete the project data connections and set them up again. This meant I had to open each package in turn and re-select the source connection in the data source in each data flow task. There were about 100 packages which took a while! A bit mind numbing.

After deploying the project to the server it worked in 64 bit mode :-).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply