SSIS Not writting all records to OLE DB Destination

• Hi,

I am importing data from csv flat file  with 481 278 records to  my  database table with  199 998 records already. This 199 998 already in the table are part of the 481 278 meaning i want to load the difference of (481 278 - 199 998 = 281 280).I am using Lookup in full cache mode but to my surprise SSIS is not writting the difference of 281 280 to the table, only 2100 records are written. I am confused why is this happening.

I have tried Partial and No cache but still no help.

Please help.

Thank you

• We cannot easily help with this, based on what you have posted.

Are you using a unique identifier in the lookup? Is it unique in both the source file and the target table? If yes, full cache mode should work fine (and be the fastest option).

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I would not use a lookup here - I would load the full file into a staging table.  From there you can perform a merge or upsert (update/insert) from the staging table to the final table.  If this is truly just adding the missing rows then you just need an insert statement from the staging table and a NOT EXISTS.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey Williams wrote:

I would not use a lookup here - I would load the full file into a staging table.  From there you can perform a merge or upsert (update/insert) from the staging table to the final table.  If this is truly just adding the missing rows then you just need an insert statement from the staging table and a NOT EXISTS.

If it is a direct insert of rows which currently don't exist in the target, a lookup is going to be the fastest-performing solution and it should work just fine without the overhead of populating a staging table.

If some sort of upsert is required, that changes everything and I agree with you.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply