SSIS needed to run SSIS jobs?

• Koen Verbeeck (10/18/2013)

dan-572483 (10/17/2013)

Regarding Access: which provider are you using? JET OLEDB or ACE OLEDB? JET is only available in 32-bit, but ACE has also 64-bit providers available.

The package was designed on a 32-bit machine - from which the package works - and I'm trying to run it on a 64-bit server with 64-bit SQL. Does this mean I need a 64-bit machine with BIDS installed to edit the package?

• dan-572483 (10/18/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (10/18/2013)

dan-572483 (10/17/2013)

Regarding Access: which provider are you using? JET OLEDB or ACE OLEDB? JET is only available in 32-bit, but ACE has also 64-bit providers available.

The package was designed on a 32-bit machine - from which the package works - and I'm trying to run it on a 64-bit server with 64-bit SQL. Does this mean I need a 64-bit machine with BIDS installed to edit the package?

Packages are the same regardless of the number of 'bits'. But you can run them in either 32- or 64-bit mode (if your server is 64-bit) - according to requirements.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I swtiched from the Jet provider to the ACE Access 10.0 provider, but I'm havng the same result: The data from the text source file successully imports, but the Access data does not, and the Job History Log reads: "To run a SSIS package outside of Business Intelligence Development Studio you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher."

So it looks like the integration services check on setup is required to use an Access source but not text?

• dan-572483 (10/21/2013)

I swtiched from the Jet provider to the ACE Access 10.0 provider, but I'm havng the same result: The data from the text source file successully imports, but the Access data does not, and the Job History Log reads: "To run a SSIS package outside of Business Intelligence Development Studio you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher."

So it looks like the integration services check on setup is required to use an Access source but not text?

You seem extremely averse to performing the SSIS installation. What is the problem?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I was planning to install Integration services during the last downtime when I can across this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345193(v=sql.105).aspx

But from what I'm gathering, there's no need to configure integration services service as a clustered service unless I need to use functionality beyond what SQLAgent can do.

So I can install this on both nodes, get the ability to run packages on the server using SQLAgent, leave IS service off and not worry about cluster-related issues with IS?

• FYI, I have confirmed on two different instances of 64-bit SQL 2008 R2 SP2 that WITHOUT Integration Services installed you can run an SSIS Package from SQL Agent that imports data from text files to SQLServer. But you cannot import from Access files. I suspect the text import share componets with BCP which is part of the base install?

After running setup and adding Integration Services, as well as AccessDatabaseEngine (from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 ) , I can now run a SSIS package that imports from both text and Access files.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply