SSIS loading Excel validation error?

• I created a package loading Excel file. I developed the package using test excel file c:\Test\Test.xls and use a config file to assign actual folder (the file names will be got from a foreach loop container) when run it.

ERROR CODE - 0x80004005

However, the package cannot run with a configure file which specify a different source folder and still ask for test.xls. It's not possible that it require reset the folder and file every time when it's used for a new folder.

Information: 0x40016041 at Package1: The package is attempting to configure from the XML file "C:\working\Final3.dtsConfig".

SSIS package "Package1.dtsx" starting.

Information: 0x4004300A at Load Raw1, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC0202009 at Package1, Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager": SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object '\\SourceFolder\Test.xls'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.".

Error: 0xC020801C at Load Raw1, Excel Source [1188]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

Error: 0xC0047017 at Load Raw1, DTS.Pipeline: component "Excel Source" (1188) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Error: 0xC004700C at Load Raw1, DTS.Pipeline: One or more component failed validation.

Error: 0xC0024107 at Load Raw1: There were errors during task validation.

SSIS package "Package1.dtsx" finished: Failure.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• I am new in MSBI I have same error pls can some one help me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply