SSIS: Ignore corrupted files when importing flat files

• Hello,

I created a package that imports csv files into a foreach from a defined directory to a sql server table.

It is possible that in this directory there are some corrupt files that is to say they do not have the right number

of columns waited by the source component of the flat file.

I would like to know how I can do so that all the good files are loaded and the corrupted files moved to another directory.

I used a File System Task component to move corrupted files to another directory but despite that,

the package generates an error.

What would be the solution so that the treatment is done despite the presence of corrupted files.

Thank you.

• Take a look at a post I wrote on that topic, using the same corrupt file pattern as an example: https://www.timmitchell.net/post/2013/08/05/continue-package-execution-after-error-in-ssis/

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Add a task to save the number of columns in the 'current' file before its data flow is executed.

Add a suitable precedence constraint to avoid running the data flow task if the saved column number is different from its expected value.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply