SSIS For Each container failing

• I've been working on this package which is a copy of an existing one (tables are different, flat file locations & names are different, but otherwise the packages are the same). So I copied an existing package made the modifications to the  connections, variables, tasks so they go to the correct places. Something I've done myriad times before.

When I go to test in visual Studio, the For each file container fails with the error "Warning: The For Each File enumerator is empty. The For Each File enumerator did not find any files that matched the file pattern, or the specified directory was empty."

I've checked and rechecked that the variables are correct, the file is where it's supposed to be, the enumerators in the container reference the correct variables, and everything seems correct, yet still it fails.

Help me please I'm going bald from pulling out my hair on what should be a simple fix.

Thanks for any assistance.

• craig.bobchin wrote:

I've been working on this package which is a copy of an existing one (tables are different, flat file locations & names are different, but otherwise the packages are the same). So I copied an existing package made the modifications to the  connections, variables, tasks so they go to the correct places. Something I've done myriad times before.

When I go to test in visual Studio, the For each file container fails with the error "Warning: The For Each File enumerator is empty. The For Each File enumerator did not find any files that matched the file pattern, or the specified directory was empty."

I've checked and rechecked that the variables are correct, the file is where it's supposed to be, the enumerators in the container reference the correct variables, and everything seems correct, yet still it fails.

Help me please I'm going bald from pulling out my hair on what should be a simple fix.

Thanks for any assistance.

Odd things like this do sometimes happen in SSIS.

Rather than trying to fix what's there, I suggest that you create another FEL container from scratch and test that. If it works, use that one instead!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I gave it a try and the same warning came up. What else should I try?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  craig.bobchin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply