SSIS failing

• SSIS failing  if server not accessible - I use 2008

I have an SSIS package which captures data from across servers using a for each loop container as long as all servers are accessible/available.

But if a server is not accessible/available/deleted the entire package fails.How can I bypass that server and continue collecting data from the other servers.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  mtz676.
  • mtz676 wrote:

SSIS failing  if server not accessible - I use 2008

I have an SSIS package which captures data from across servers using a for each loop container as long as all servers are accessible/available.

But if a server is not accessible/available/deleted the entire package fails.How can I bypass that server and continue collecting data from the other servers.

Thanks

I can think of a couple of possibilities:

1. Include processing that checks whether the server is available and bypasses the checks / writes a log entry for those which are not.
    2. Tweak the Fail Package on Failure and MaximumErrorCount settings such that x failures get ignored.

Option (1) is the more elegant, in my opinion.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• If this inside a For Each Loop, you can also turn off the error propogation. Open the Error Handler for the For Each Loop and create an error handler then go to the variables Pane. Enable System  Variables, and then find the Variable Propagate and set it to false.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply