SSIS - Execute SQL Task Question

• Hi, I am working with a SSIS Execute SQL Task and would like to see the results of my query. Is there a way to write the results to the output box at the bottom of Visual Studio? Or is there another location to find the query results?

• There's the preview option, but I'd use SSMS or any other client depending on the RDBMS you're connecting to.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • SSIS is a little slow, at least for me. In this kind of scenario I write to temp tables on my dev box or output the data to an excel file to view it. It depends on the size of the query results though.

• Meatloaf (10/12/2015)

Hi, I am working with a SSIS Execute SQL Task and would like to see the results of my query. Is there a way to write the results to the output box at the bottom of Visual Studio? Or is there another location to find the query results?

SQL that returns a resultset typically is used in a DataFlow task. Execute SQL tasks are for doing things like executing UPDATE statements or calling stored procedures.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (10/12/2015)

Meatloaf (10/12/2015)

Hi, I am working with a SSIS Execute SQL Task and would like to see the results of my query. Is there a way to write the results to the output box at the bottom of Visual Studio? Or is there another location to find the query results?

SQL that returns a resultset typically is used in a DataFlow task. Execute SQL tasks are for doing things like executing UPDATE statements or calling stored procedures.

And yet... I've output an Execute SQL Task result to variables, imported them into a VB script task, and used MSGBOX to tell me what those values are during debugging.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply