SSIS - Execute Package Task

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS - Execute Package Task

• tychopotts - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:49 PM

Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS - Execute Package Task

Well done, Michael, you were very thorough in your description. I, however, am having problems executing package tasks when running from dtexec.exe.  I receive the following error:

Error: 2017-08-03 12:56:02.72
       Code: 0xC00220E6
       Source: EPT_TableExtracts
       Description: There is no project to reference.
    End Error

The first package copies data from the source system into .csv files.
    The second package copies the .csv files into tables in a staging database.
    The third package transforms the new tables into dimension and fact tables.
    The fourth package loads the dimensions and facts from the staging database to the reporting database.
    The Execute Package Tasks are referencing Project Packages

Have you seen this before and what are some solutions I might want to try?

• FootyRef - Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:06 PM

tychopotts - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:49 PM

Well done, Michael, you were very thorough in your description. I, however, am having problems executing package tasks when running from dtexec.exe.  I receive the following error:

End Error

The fourth package loads the dimensions and facts from the staging database to the reporting database.

I think I HAVE actually seen this before. Can you paste the dtexec command you're using? I think I encountered this issue the first time I was using dtexec against an SSIS Project vs an SSIS package.  The syntax is different and the documentation noting these differences is definitely confusing (hmmm... maybe that might be my next article).

It should look something like:
    EXEC xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /Project "C:\path\to\my\project.ispac" /Package "MyDtsPackageName.dtsx" '

• tychopotts - Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:50 PM

FootyRef - Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:06 PM

tychopotts - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:49 PM

End Error

I think I HAVE actually seen this before. Can you paste the dtexec command you're using? I think I encountered this issue the first time I was using dtexec against an SSIS Project vs an SSIS package.  The syntax is different and the documentation noting these differences is definitely confusing (hmmm... maybe that might be my next article).

It should look something like:
    EXEC xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /Project "C:\path\to\my\project.ispac" /Package "MyDtsPackageName.dtsx" '

Running from the command line of our JAMS scheduling utility (or a DOS command line from my own PC):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn \DTExec.exe" /f "C:\odhtfsp01\BI Dashboard\SSIS\DEV\CMACS\CMACS\1_FlatFileExtracts.dtsx" /conf D:\JAMS_Shared\Admin\BI\CMACS\DEV\CMACS.dtsConfig

It runs end-to-end if I am doing it in Visual Studio.  I am very new to SSIS so perhaps I am trying to do something beyond its capabilities.  I didn't know we could run a whole project, either, so that might be a possible solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply