SSIS -> Excel Formatting Issue

• Hi everyone

What is the best way to keep the formatting in Excel? I have created a template with the font, column types, graphs, sums etc and removed all the data.

When I export the data into the columns, the formatting is gone, font size is different and the SUM/Graphs does't auto update as I thought it would have.

Is there any easy way around this?

Most of the posts Ive read about this, talks about using a Script Task to do further formatting?

Thanks

• I had to do this recently and my workaround was to have 1 row of formatted data retained under the column headings in my template but hidden.

However, that was a simple table of data without graphs and formulae. It did cause the correct formatting and data types to be applied to all lines inserted so it may work for you.

• In addition to nicks suggestion, you can use script task as per the below link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1954582/ssis-2008-excel-2007-formatting-excel-columns-properly-exporting-not-importin

I have not used this , but will keep this in mind so may be useful one day

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Hi everyone

Just to let you know what I did.

I created a XLS template with the headers and a hidden/formatted row, this just formats the actual numbers etc. You still need to apply the font-size via a script. The formulas also seem to auto run.

So I created a C# Script file that adds all the formatting and formulas afterwards. Works really well and takes out human intervention.

Only problem is that, that was the easiest report of the 25+ I need to do...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply