SSIS Error when trying to run a SQL Server Agent Job

• SQL Server Integration Services was already installed on the target server when I backed up the SSISDB from the source server(ss2016) and restored it to the Target Server(ss2019). I then ran the related sql server agent job that executes one of these packages and I got the following error below. The only recommendation that I have seen was to uninstall SSIS and re-install SSIS:

Failed to execute IS server package because of error 0x80131904. Server: '', Package path: '', Environment reference Id: NULL.

Description: The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup to install the required components.

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "start_execution_internal":

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup to install the required components.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.DispatchMessages(Boolean ignoreNonFatalMessages)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQuerySmi(Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteToPipe(SmiContext pipeContext)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Server.SqlPipe.ExecuteAndSend(SqlCommand command)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerConnectionControl.RaiseError(SysMessageId messageId, SysMessageSeverity severity, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerApi.GetDtsPath(Int16 use32bitOn64, String& path)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerApi.GetISServerExecPath(Int16 use32bitOn64, String& path)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerApi.StartExecutionInternal(SqlInt64 projectId, SqlInt64 executionId, SqlInt64 versionId, SqlInt16 use32BitRuntime)

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Did you back up the encryption keys - and restore them to the target server?  See: https://www.sqlshack.com/moving-the-ssisdb-catalog-on-a-new-sql-server-instance/

Note: I don't recommend restoring the SSISDB database.  Upgrading to a new edition will be much easier in the long run if you take each project, open in VS and reset the target version to the new version.  At that point you can determine if there are issues with the packages that need to be addressed.  A good example is Azure - where moving to a newer version and OS requires upgrading the components as well as updating the packages to use the new components.

Plus - if you have everything in a code repository you can redeploy from the code repository to the new instance directly.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply