SSIS Error when attempting to import an Excel Spreadsheet into a database table

• I am attempting to run an SSIS package that, among other things, imports a spreadsheet from excel into a database table.  The package runs without any issues within Visual Studio.  I have tried executing the package through both, the MSDB run package and through dtexec (trying to kick of the package through a stored procedure) and I get 2 different behaviors.

Using dtexec (the method I really need to use):  The package will run successfully...up to the point when the spreadsheet is imported at which time it fails with   Description: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  Here is the code:

exec xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /sq PopulateTRTLStationandtRTLUnitMapping /ser SERVERNAME

Running it through the MSDB Run Package UI...It will also make it up to the point where the Excel spreadsheet is imported but errors with:  The Product level is insufficient for the component "Lookup Station and Account Type: (1894) ...and 1 line with that same error for every single task in that dataflow. Here is the code it runs.

/DTS "\MSDB\PopulateTRTLStationandtRTLUnitMapping" /SERVER "SERVERNAME" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF  /REPORTING V

The machine is running 32 bit OS Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Db SQL Server 2005 32 bit.  I found one forum posting that suggested turning the Delay Validation property to True...but that did not fix the issue.  I did create the package with my username with a ProtectionLevel of EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey.  I don't think it is related to the account however because all of the tasks (serveral work tables are created) up to the Excel import will execute.

I really need to get this working as soon as possible so am open to any solutions someone can present. 

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• There's a discussion on this here: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=285015&SiteID=17

...which indicates it's a bug.

It also suggests that it would be fixed in SP1... have you got that installed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply