SSIS Error, please help URGENT

• Hi

I am using SSIS package to transform data from one SQL DB to other SQL DB.

All the columns are of same data type except a few which are through the CONVERT during the transformation from INT to FLOAT.

I am getting the below error for one of the column (VJAG) which is of Float data type at both the source and the destination.

So far, I am just trying to catch the exact problem.

Can somebody please help?

Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Information: 0x40043006 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Prepare for Execute phase is beginning.

Information: 0x40043007 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Pre-Execute phase is beginning.

Information: 0x4004300C at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Execute phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC020901C at Data Flow Task, OLE DB Source [1]: There was an error with output column "VJAG" (77) on output "OLE DB Source Output" (11). The column status returned was: "Conversion failed because the data value overflowed the specified type.".

Error: 0xC0209029 at Data Flow Task, OLE DB Source [1]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "output column "VJAG" (77)" failed because error code 0xC0209075 occurred, and the error row disposition on "output column "VJAG" (77)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Error: 0xC0047038 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0209029. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

-Forum Etiquette: How to post Performance Problems[/url]

-Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code to get the best help [/url]

• Need a little bit more info. In your data flow the OLEDB Souurce are you selecting Data Access Mode 'Table or View' for the source.

If so could you use SQL command and type in the select statement and do the conversions in the SQL?

Also are you using an OLEDB Destination Data Flow Task. If so right click and 'Show Advanced Editor'. In this editor there is a tab Input and Output properties. Expand the OLEDB Destination Input and you will be able to see what SSIS considers to be the format of these two columns.

Hope this helps and I am not telling you to do saomething you have already done.

Ells.

• I ws with the SQL Command only; where it was showing me the error.

Dunno, what to bet but I just dropped and re-create the same objects with exactly same configuration/colums/settings and this time it did not thrown any error.

SSIS....aahhh#$

-Forum Etiquette: How to post Performance Problems[/url]

-Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code to get the best help [/url]

• Hi Vishal,

This has happened to me while migrating data from Oracle to SQL .. this might be due to data conversion error ..generally the precission is 36 max allowed in SQLServer.., there might be some wrong data entered at the source side .. u need to write some queries on that column to for verifying wrong data ..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply