SSIS Error

• I have created an SSIS package that grabs an Excel spreadsheet from a web server and copies all of the rows into a separate SQL Server. The reason that we are doing this is because, when the app is done, the client will be able to load a spreadsheet using a web browser, and once that spreadsheet is done I am going to run an SP to trigger the SSIS package to import the data into the table.

The error I get when running the SSIS package is:

[SQL Server Destination [118]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Could not bulk load because SSIS file mapping object 'Global\DTSQLIMPORT ' could not be opened. Operating system error code 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). Make sure you are accessing a local server via Windows security.".

The Excel source is referenced as \\xx.xxx.xx.xxx\E$\Web\Colony1\ExcelImport\Import.xls

I suspect that there is not a problem with the spreadsheet since the error is pointing to the SQL Server, but I am not 100% sure and I don't know where to look.

Thanks,

Bruce

• I think you are using a SQL Destination in your data flow and the destination SQL server is not the local SQL server that is executing the SSIS package.

The SQL Destination component can only be used if the destination is the local SQL server running the package. You may have to use an OLEDB Destination component.

• That worked. Thank you very much. I am really liking SSIS. Seems to be a major improvement to DTS.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply