SSIS directions for filtering incoming EXCEL data

• My SSIS pkg LOADS all rows from an Excel sheet into a table. I need to modify Pkg to "exclude" all Excel rows where ProductID is null.

Should I be using the Conditional Split task?

If so, on the Conditional Split Transformation Editor, EXACTLY what should I enter into the "Condition" column? (my Excel column is called ProductID)

thx in advance.

BT
  • Yes, the Conditional Split is what should be using.

Try ISNULL(ProductID) == FALSE to select the rows you want.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Hi all

im also eperiencing the same proble.i have designed the SSIS Package and i want to filter tha rows where there's are NULLS.I Have tried using Conditional split but i cant get the right formula to use in conditiona split .please Advice.

TIA

• Hi

After having a lot of problems with SSIS and Excel I decided to skip SSIS in this

case. I save the Excelfile as a TAB separated textfile and use bulkinsert to a

stagering table (with all data in the file). Then you can use SQL to split/get the data

you want.

/Gosta

• imasemil (9/21/2009)

Hi all

im also eperiencing the same proble.i have designed the SSIS Package and i want to filter tha rows where there's are NULLS.I Have tried using Conditional split but i cant get the right formula to use in conditiona split .please Advice.

TIA

imasemil,

You may be looking at cells with spaces instead of nulls. Try filtering out rows where the length of the trimmed value is 0.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply