SSIS - Data Load Using Excel Source

• Hi All,

I am trying to load Excel(2017) data into SQL Server using SSIS. When i try to load directly , it is throwing error.

Error : External Table is not in the Expected Format

But when i open and saving that same excel file as .xlsx format it loads without error.

How to solve this issue?

• Check your Excel source if it's for the right version of Excel file

excel

• Dinors,

When i select the excel file  the excel version is automatically changed to "Microsoft Excel 2007-2010"

• Please expand on this:

But when i open and saving that same excel file as .xlsx format it loads without error.

What format was the file in before you opened and saved?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Same .xlsx format only in both operation

• have you verified on the file properties before and after opening & saving the xslx file that it's for the same version of Excel?

• Can you try to verify the actual file type before you open it in Excel?  I've seen some people do silly things like name a plain text file with an Excel file extension just so that it becomes the default program to open it.  Excel allows this and will try to figure out the format then.  SSIS is more strict and if you tell it the file is Excel workbook it must be.  Maybe try opening the file with notepad or something to see what it looks like?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply