ssis could not load package access denied sql server 2017

• Hi All,   

We are running the SSIS package from Stored procedure with parameters for changing the connection strings, When we are executing the stored procedure getting below error message .

Could not load package “\MSDB\IXXXX” because of error 0xC00160AE.
    Description: Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer “XXXX” failed with the following error: “Access is denied.”

Can anyone help on how to resolve the above mentioned error in SQL SERVER 2017 .

We are deploying the package from 2012 to 2017 environment.

• Sounds like you're trying to connect to the Integration Services Service. If you're on SQL Server 2017, I'd expect that you'd want to use the SSISDB service (it's so much better that msdb and filesystem deployment methods in my opinion).

if you are using msdb though, I suspect you haven't configured the permissions for the relevant users. The documentation covers how to do this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/service/integration-services-service-ssis-service?view=sql-server-2017#grant-permissions-to-the-service .

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks a lot . It works fine now

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply