SSIS console.writeline not working consistently

• All:

Have 2 packages with nearly identical c# first script components. Both running in agent context using

same ssis proxy account. Both work find in non-debug via VS Desktop, but only one works properly

via agent. I use the system.comsole.writeline to output parameter settings. The package that works

correctly logs to agent, the other does not.

Any ideas where to look for discrepancies ? I've tried both package & component properties (identical).

Thanks

• Are you using the project deployment model?

If so, you could try looking on the All Executions report. The run-time values of all params would be logged there.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Nope, older package deployment, right now we have no reason to use the package deployment...

Thanks

• Also, since I'm deploying to MSDB, are the "All Executions" reports available ?

• rsampson (2/29/2016)

Also, since I'm deploying to MSDB, are the "All Executions" reports available ?

No. And there's a reason right there 🙂 Logging is taken care of for you if you use project deployment.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• So, back to the original question, one console writes to the agent log correctly, one does not, same

methodology to do the output...

Looking for clues...

Thanks

• Found the issue. the agent has this little checkbox "Include step output in history", cured the problem...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply