SSIS Catalog Environments– Step 20 of the Stairway to Integration Services

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS Catalog Environments– Step 20 of the Stairway to Integration Services

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• Nice article Andy. I have never seen it all set out so clearly before, well done.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi @Andy you remember the environment you had help me migrate? well, that whole server and it backup infrastructure just failed drastically. We were able to recover the SSISDB. I can see the packages, but not the environments. Any ideas where to look for those?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Paresh Motiwala Manager of Data Team, Big Data Enthusiast, ex DBA

• Hi Paresh,

I don't remember, but I am getting old (and I've helped a few people).

You may want to execute the following query to see if environments, environment variables, and environment references exist in the recovered SSIS DB:

Select * From SSISDB.[catalog].environments

Select * From SSISDB.[catalog].environment_variables

Select * From SSISDB.[catalog].environment_references

You may also with to attempt a test deploy operation. It's possible to recover SSISDB improperly. If the deploy fails, the SSISDB database may have been restored, but not SSIS Catalog constituents. I blogged about this (for SSISDB 2016) at https://andyleonard.blog/2017/07/deploying-ssis-projects-to-a-restored-ssis-catalog-ssisdb/

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• Paresh Motiwala wrote:

Hi @Andy you remember the environment you had help me migrate? well, that whole server and it backup infrastructure just failed drastically. We were able to recover the SSISDB. I can see the packages, but not the environments. Any ideas where to look for those?

I agree with Andy. The way in which you 'recovered' SSISDB is very important ... how did you do it? A simple RESTORE is not enough for SSISDB, because some of the columns in it are encrypted.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply