SSIS and Excel - 'The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.'

• I have an Excel file which I need to import into a scratch table, but I will need to do this repeatedly, until I get a final version, I am just developing some processing.

My first attempt has been to use the Tasks | Import Data ... wizard from SSMS and set up all the column mappings. This worked fine although it is quite slow to do, so I saved the package thinking I would re-run it. However on trying it a) directly on the dev server (as sa in Integration Services) or b) locally on my PC where I originally ran it (through VS 2010), I get The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.'

However I use this provider for several other import tasks behind web sites, it is always fine (and still is). My PC in Windows 8.1 64 bit, the DB server Windows 2012. I have installed the AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe on the server BTW.

Has anyone got any ideas why it works in SSMS through the Import Data wizard but not either locally or remotely thereafter?

Would I perhaps be better of just saving to a CSV as remapping is quite tiresome and I'd like a repeatable process?

• I recently had some issues with this and had to also download the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components .

Not sure if this will fix your issue but thought I'd share.

• I'm probably just going to do this via Access - I don't need the headache right now, thanks though.

• I actually managed to resolve this in the end, the package needed to be executed (debugged) in 32 bit mode.

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/john_paul_cook/archive/2010/03/24/running-32-bit-ssis-in-a-64-bit-environment.aspx

HTH.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply