SSIS: Access is Denied

• Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to SSIS on a new install of MS SQL 2005 64bit on a cluster.

My admin doesn't even know what SSIS is! What do I tell him to give me permission to login?

Thanks,

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to platypuslivesql.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476

Connect to SSIS Service on machine "platypuslivesql" failed:

Access is denied.

Connect to SSIS Service on machine "platypuslivesql" failed:

Access is denied.

BUTTONS:

OK

• Ask for access to the MSDB using the db_dtsAdmin Database Role

Microsoft still use the dts naming although we now call it ssis. i.e the roles db_dts and SP's are sp_dts_ command line is still dtexec.

• I'm having the same problem and tried the above suggestion and it still does not work.  Any other ideas?

• Hi,

My admin managed to not install SSIS when setting up the server. Its a 64bit cluster which ads another layer of complexity to it.

Apprantly there are some limitation to 64bit SSIS which we are investigating.

• Scott -

The steps in the KB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940232) will be needed to enable remote access to SSIS from your local machine - even after you install SSIS <grin>.

The biggest issues I've seen with 64bit SSIS installs are related to the "mixed" context that SSIS uses, even though the core database engine is entirely 64-bit, SSIS is not, you'll find yourself having to find both 64-bit and 32-bit drivers for various things, particularly Oracle, etc.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply