ssis

• hello every one,

I have the requirement to transform .csv file to oledb destination but i need to add the new column before i transform the data into oledb, the column should take the values either default unique value or some sort of ordered values like say 1,2,3......

i did tried by using derived column but i couldn't reach the target. help me out

• Derived column sounds like the way to go. What do you mean "couldn't reach the target"? Can you give more detail about what you want the deriived column to contain?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• say for example i have employee table in .csv file and want to transform it by adding new column which should contain unique id for each employee,

• You Can use script component and variables to generate SNo.

• 31 Days of SSIS – Generating Row Numbers (23/31)[/url]

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• i did tried to use script task but as i am new to ssis couldn't find the way to solve it, is any one there to elaborate on this please

• naiduvamsi467 (2/13/2012)

i did tried to use script task but as i am new to ssis couldn't find the way to solve it, is any one there to elaborate on this please

The blog post I linked to has code samples.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• If you're not comfortable with Script Tasks then you can insert into a staging table. Write a stored procedure to populate a unique value column, (probably using ROW_NUMBER), and then insert the whole lot into your destination table.

John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply