SSIS 2016 - SQL Server Standard vs Enterprise Ed

• Hello Folks,

We are planning to create a dedicated server for SSIS. SQL 2016 will be used for this. But I'm confused on selecting the edition of SQL, Enterprise or Standard. Please shed some light on this.
    I read on the MS article mentioned below. Still confused!
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/integration-services-features-supported-by-the-editions-of-sql-server?view=sql-server-2016

Thanks,
    SQL DBA

• SQL!$@w$0ME - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:39 AM

Hello Folks,

We are planning to create a dedicated server for SSIS. SQL 2016 will be used for this. But I'm confused on selecting the edition of SQL, Enterprise or Standard. Please shed some light on this.
    I read on the MS article mentioned below. Still confused!
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/integration-services-features-supported-by-the-editions-of-sql-server?view=sql-server-2016

Thanks,
    SQL DBA

What are you confused about? Both editions work with SSIS, but Enterprise provides more features, as shown in the link you provided. If you need any of those features, you need Enterprise.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• * High-performance Oracle source and destination by Attunity
    * Fuzzy grouping and fuzzy lookup transformations

These features are only supported in Enterprise. Do you have more info on this. We use Oracle client drivers for Oracle connectivity. Does this affect any data load performance.
    Thanks.

• SQL!$@w$0ME - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:51 AM

* High-performance Oracle source and destination by Attunity

These features are not supported in Enterprise. Do you have more info on this. We use Oracle client drivers for Oracle connectivity. Does this affect any data load performance.
    Thanks.

Your link suggests that they are supported by Enterprise – are you saying that the doc is wrong?
    I don't use Oracle so cannot help with any detail there. Fuzzy lookups etc. – you can find out more about these online, as they are documented well enough.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:00 AM

SQL!$@w$0ME - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:51 AM

* High-performance Oracle source and destination by Attunity

These features are not supported in Enterprise. Do you have more info on this. We use Oracle client drivers for Oracle connectivity. Does this affect any data load performance.
    Thanks.

Your link suggests that they are supported by Enterprise – are you saying that the doc is wrong?
    I don't use Oracle so cannot help with any detail there. Fuzzy lookups etc. – you can find out more about these online, as they are documented well enough.

Sorry, Typo.. I meant its only supported in Enterprise..

• The Oracle Attunity drivers are specific to Enterprise and are faster than the standard oledb/odbc drives supplied with the Oracle client.
    Whether it justifies the extra cost is hard to say but depends on your volumes and on how fast you need data loaded/extracted from/to Oracle.
    If volumes are low and time is not of major importance then do not go enterprise just for this.

Note that the above has nothing to do with the standard Oracle drivers - just the Attunity ones.

Fuzzy I would not even touch it with SSIS - better ways to do it outside SSIS or inside with C# code.

• Ok thanks Fred!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply