SSIS 2016 ROW counts to a Flat File destination

• Hi, I have 3 flat file sources. Now I want to count the number of records in each flat file and I want to write the counts to a flat file in the below output.

FileName  Count

can anyone suggest me step by step on how exactly I achieve this ?

Many Thanks

• You want only the counts, not the data in the files?

Use a Script Task to get the counts

var rowCount = File.ReadLines(file).Count();

and write that out to a file of your choice ... all done using a Script Task.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• yes ONLY the counts and not the data but the csv output file should contain the below fields.

FileName  Count

Thank you

• Phil, can you please give me the exact code the for the script task ?

• BIsweet wrote:

Phil, can you please give me the exact code the for the script task ?

I could, but that would mean I was doing your job for you.

How about you at least attempt this & come back with any questions you encounter along the way?

Otherwise, I will provide you with a quotation for my services on a consultancy basis.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil, do you think its better to use Row count transformation and take the counts into variables first ?

Thanks

• BIsweet wrote:

Hi Phil, do you think its better to use Row count transformation and take the counts into variables first ?

Thanks

Getting row counts using that transformation requires reading every row of every file. It will work, but it will be slower that using the scripted solution I suggested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply