SSIS 2012 version issue , package corrupt mystery

• I have developed SSIS package in VS 2010 in my local machine and then deployed it in another box with SQL server 2014 and VS 2012 installed . I have not upgraded the package in the new box and it works fine in the box . I can open the package with out any problem .

Now , I after making some changes in the package from the Dev box . I can not open the same package in my local studio . I tried opening remotely and even copying the package locally . It throws the same error for all of the packages in the solution .

Warning1Warning loading XYZ.dtproj: Warning: Failed to decrypt an encrypted XML node. Verify that the project was created by the same user. Project load will attempt to continue without the encrypted information. XYZ.dtproj00

• This is not a version issue. This relates to the fact that you saved the package with encrypt sensitive with user key turned on. if you save the package as don't save sensitive, you should be able to open it everywhere.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Tried the steps , its still failing with same error . I have tried with one package out of five package . Driving me nuts . I can open the same package from another server where VS 2012 is installed . Worked fine .

• RantaSanta (5/13/2015)

Tried the steps , its still failing with same error . I have tried with one package out of five package . Driving me nuts . I can open the same package from another server where VS 2012 is installed . Worked fine .

It's a warning, not an error. It will not fail anything in itself. Is there perhaps another message which is identified as a true error rather than just a warning?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• This issue has been fixed . It was related to version of SQL server connectivity tools installed in the box .

1. I tried changing the version manually in XML code , to 6 and 7 . It didn't worked .

2. Tried changing the protection level for encryption, no luck .

3. All the environment where it was working fine , has SQL 2014 installed .

Solution : Installed SQL 2014 Client connectivity tool and Management connectivity tools in local machine . After that I was able to open the package with out any error or warnings mgs .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply