SSIS 2012 Deployment: A required privilege is not held by the client

• Hi All

OK getting a very frustrating issue here trying to deploy an SSIS 2012 package using Project Deployment

In a nutshell whenever I try to deploy a package the folder ect is created but once it comes to actually deploying the package the following error: A required privilege is not held by the client is generated.

In terms of accounts:

SQL Database: non NT Account

All other accounts NT Account

I have ensured that all required privileges have been given per http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143504.aspx and still no joy..I have also (to test) given all accounts access to the admin group again still no joy.

Pulling my hair out here, has anyone come across this issue and resolved (without the option of repairing SQL every time its restarted as thats not an option!)

It must be a policy issue just can't see what I'm missing here

Thanks in Advance

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• When you do the deploy, are you using a Windows login or a SQL Server login. In my experience, Windows logins work better.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Do any of the other packages in the project get deployed?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply

All SQL Services use Windows authentication and I am logging in using Windows Authentication and have tried:

Running the ispak manually

Running the ispak from command prompt (Admin)

Running the ispak from POSH (Admin)

Same issue

As for do any of them get deployed no not at all...Getting increasingly frustrated!! 🙁

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Is this specific to your PC or to the project (sounds like your PC, but worth making sure)? Does it work for other users?

Or, option three, does it affect all users and all projects?

• Hi Phil

Again Thanks for taking time

Nope this is on the server and no, no other users can deploy and yep it affects all users and projects (admittedly there is only one project at this point however)

Any ideas at all?

I'm thinking it must be a Group Policy but could it be something I've overlooked is there a simple step I could have missed aside from the service rights?

Package encryption is DoNotStoreSensitive (don't know if relevant?)

everything runs fine..when it comes to the deploy step it goes bang..

• Hi Andy

This thread might be relevant.

There are a few suggestions in there around DCOM permissions, SQL Server service account, repair installation ...

I am out of suggestions. It's the use of the word 'client' in the error that is really throwing me.

Phil

• Hi Phil

Yep its really throwing me to and finding this is like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Tomorrow I will be trying This

Will post back once I've tried

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply