SSIS 2012 - Build Project

• thanks for the question - cheers

• Interesting question. And straightforward.

I guess calling it a .ispac file instead of a .zip file makes sense if you want to know from the extension which if your zip files contain ssis packages and which don't. But I'm not convinced that using a new extension for what is a after all vey well known and popular format just to gain that was sensible on MS's part.

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (6/13/2012)

Interesting question. And straightforward.

I guess calling it a .ispac file instead of a .zip file makes sense if you want to know from the extension which if your zip files contain ssis packages and which don't. But I'm not convinced that using a new extension for what is a after all vey well known and popular format just to gain that was sensible on MS's part.

.xlsx and .pptx are also just .zip files 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (6/13/2012)

L' Eomot Inversé (6/13/2012)

Do you mean that .ispac is just another utensil in the openxml kitchen sink? 😉

I thought it was just some files with pre-existing file (non-xml) formats zipped together, but could be horribly wrong there. :ermm:

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (6/13/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (6/13/2012)

L' Eomot Inversé (6/13/2012)

Do you mean that .ispac is just another utensil in the openxml kitchen sink? 😉

I thought it was just some files with pre-existing file (non-xml) formats zipped together, but could be horribly wrong there. :ermm:

It's not that bad 😀

Basically it's all the .dtsx files (the packages) together with a small number of XML files. The XML files contain information about project parameters and shared connection managers, so they are normally really small.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Interesting question!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply