SSIS 2008 Informix to SQL Server Problem

• I am trying to convert a SQL Server 2005 SSIS Package that copies Rows from an Informix Database ( CMS ) into a SQL Server Table. This Package works on my current platform which is Windows Server 2003 ( 32 bit ).

As a Data Source the 2005 Package is using a DataReader Source.

The New Platform is 64 Bit. Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008.

My first problem encountered whic may be a Clue was that ODBC admin. didn't show the OpenLink ODBC driver. I finally created the DSN with the required info using the 32 bit ODBC admin.

I created the Data Flow in BIDS which could find and Map the Informix Table & Columns.

When I executed the Data Flow, I got the following Error:

Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task, Synonyms [241]: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Does any body have any Pointers here ?

• Just trying to see if anyone has found a solution to this. I am also trying to update a package to run on a Windows Server 2008/SQL Server 2008 64-bit system. I have read some of the issues with dealing with the 64-bit setup. It seems that the BIDS uses 32-bit while when running as a job it will run in 64-bit. There are a couple of work-arounds noted. Unfortunately, I still have not been able to get a connection that works in 32 or 64 bit using SSIS 2008.

At this time it looks as if we may have to use the Linked Server setup that I have on a SQL 2005 box to be able to pull in the data.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

• Hi Kyle.

My Problem was solved by changing the Properties of the BIDS Project.

Project, Properties, Debugging: Change Run64BitRunTime to False.

Note. When Running the SSIS Package from SQL Server Agent that there is an Execution Option for 32 Bit Runtime.

• That's what I was afraid of. I had tried that. Mine seems to be more on the ODBC side of things that SSIS doesn't like.

I can connect and return rows when utilizing the C++ Demo utility. However, when I try setting up the connection within SSIS, I am receiving an error:

Error at Data Flow Task [ADO NET Source] System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException:

ERROR [HY010][OpenlLink][ODBC][Driver]Function sequence error.

(olod5032.dll)

It seems to only be when actually trying to return any of the data.

For example - the connection will enumerate the database, tables, views, etc. It will even show the columns when using the server explorer.

It tanks as soon as I try to run any queries at all from it.

• I have had that problem. It happens when I first Edit the Data Source. if I go back in the 2nd time it shows as warnings but I am then able to finish Editing.

I also use SQL command rather than table or view for my data access mode.

• Check the link below for both x86 and x64 informix client download.

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?rs=ifxdl&S_TACT=105AGX11&S_CMP=TUT

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks. Once I turned off all of the validation and ignored the error worked fine. Appreciate the help.

• Thanks for the info on disabling validation. That solved my problem too. I was using SSIS to pull from Informix through ODBC. I too had to set the package to run in 32 bit mode. Pulling from ODBC isn't nearly as straightforward as many of the other connectors.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply