SSIS 2005 Queueing Sequence Containers?

• I need to build a process that can queue sequence containers (SCs) going into a sequence container process I have built..

The queued SCs are basically dynamic for each loops grabbing files from different directories and assigning the names of these files to variables. After that SC process completes I route them into the process SC which handles them variously.

The files can all go through the same process because they are all identical in nature (columns and such) so no need to create multiple flat file connections or direct each of these file naming SCs to their own process which will create duplicate code everywhere, when i can make the connection strings handle dynamic folder and file locations..

What needs to be done is, I need to have the SCs that grab the files and put their names into variables to all be done in order..

Run SC one with dynamic file names -> process 1

Run SC two with dynamic file names -> process 1

Run SC three with dynamic file names -> process 1

and so fourth.

I can't run all the SC with file names at the same time because at the end i have a script set up with delegates which folder to grab them from and ultimately sets the specified path in the file connection string to the location of the current files in the processing SC, in which there can only be one path variable to overwrite.

Is there a way to queue these SCs to start after each of the processing has finished for the set of files before it?

• I think i have an idea how to do this..

Rather than doing a queue.. I will just put the list of files and any variables needed in a row in a table.. And do a for each loop around the process where it runs the process for each row in the table with the given file names and variables that will need to overwrite the dynamic connection string.

Think it should work..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply