SSDT - Where??

• After trashing my Visual Studio 2013 Professional installation by installing the stand-alone SQL Server 2014 SSDT package, I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2015 Professional, noting in the feature matrix that SSDT functionality is supposed to be included. But it's not, as far as I can tell. I can "create a database" which I would never do outside of SSMS in any case (maybe a full-time programmer would but not a DBA) but no mention of SSIS at all. Really?

Would it kill Microsoft to just include SSDT functionality in its Visual Studio installers? I just want the BI templates, I don't want my VS re-branded SSDT and rendered practically unuseable for any other kind of project.

Is this yet another an instance of two MS product groups who won't talk to one another? I wouldn't even mind a stand-alone VS shell for BI development as long as it did not trash my full Visual Studio installation, which--believe it or not--I occasionally use for something other than BI projects.

If I am missing something obvious please enlighten me.

• See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ssdt/archive/2015/09/01/sql-server-data-tools-preview-update-for-august-2015.aspx

May be you should wait till post-august2015-preview SSDT RTM is released.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply